Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Okay, OKAY already!!!

So I just deleted approximately 250 "friends" from my facebook page. Well they weren't really friends - most were just random people that were playing the same dumb games I was playing... where you need lots of "friends" playing too in order to get anywhere.

Well I'm not playing anymore; it's a giant timesuck and the novelty has worn off.

It's a symbolic gesture. I have allowed FB to occupy way too much of my time since discovering it in....January maybe? But I'm back. I will TRY to post at least once a week. Really, really try. So please, my ever-so-patient and faithful readers: won't you come back to me?? I was lead astray by that demon FB, but the prodigal daughter has returned. Won't you welcome me with open arms?

To ease myself back into this blog thingy, I've decided to start slow and easy, with a meme.

What? Don't groan!! Memes can be good brain-juice stimulators!! And don't worry, I'm not tagging anyone. I've decided I don't play THAT game anymore either!! If you want to do this? Go right ahead!! And hey, let me know you did it cause I want to know. I'm there for you like that, see?

But otherwise, just read, and smile, and hopefully be glad I'm back. 'Cause I'm glad I'm back...

-----------------------

A, B, C, D, E, F . . .

A - Age: 36 (act surprised!!!)

B - Band listening to right now: Days of the New (Weapon & the Wound)

C - Career future: living it, baby

D - Dad's name: Bill

E - Easiest person to talk to: its a toss-up... either Gina or Nik

F - Favorite song: ONE? I have to pick ONE?

G - Gummy Bears or Gummy Worms: Chocolate

H - Hair: Blonde naturally, curly artificially

I - Ice Cream: Ben & Jerry's Magic Brownies

J - Jobs: waitress, nurse, clinical specalist

K - Kids: two - want one? (kidding... no really, I'm kidding)

L - Longest car ride ever: oh Lord, the bus trip to Disneyland in high school. Hell on Wheels.

M - Mom's name: Connie

N - Number of people you slept with: oh lots... wait, what? Oh. They don't really mean "sleep..."

P - Phobia[s]: Falling, Unfathomable measurements (infinity, eons)

Q - Quote: "Of course I don't have my underwear. I'm definitely not wearing my underwear." Raymond, *Rain Man*

R - Reason to smile: Love

S - Song you sang last: Days of the New - Touch, Peel & Stand

T - Time you wake up: when I have to, otherwise leave me alone!!

U - Unknown fact about me: If I tell you, then it will not be "unknown"

V - Vegetable you hate: onions (I hate the crunch *shudder*)

W - Worst habit: nail-picking

X - X-rays you've had: I get x-rayed nearly every day, folks.

Y - Yummy food: Seafood or Sushi

Z - Zodiac sign: Pisces - I'm a lover, not a fighter.


Okay, folks, we're rolling!! And if you have any post ideas, please let me know!!

xoxoxoxoxo

8 comments:

jjdebenedictis said...

Welcome back!

(Evil facebook. Good work shucking the chains off!)

fairyhedgehog said...

Good to see you back.

JaneyV said...

Yeay! You're back! Facebook is the biggest time suck but hey I love it! Looking forward to more reads.

You're back!

JaneyV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whirlochre said...

Facebook has its place, but for the moment I'm happy to leave it under the carpet.

Glad to see you back in the fun world of blogging.

writtenwyrdd said...

I mostly joined facebook to keep in touch with my ex-critique group, which I left due to lack of time to do critiques. And the games sucked me in. I'm mostly bored with it now, too.

Glad you're back!

Now tell us about funny kid commentaries. Go on, tell them to be funny on demand. You'll have hours of peace at that point in which you can listen to the crickets chirp.

Monnik said...

Facebook has ruined my blog too. Though occasionally I'll throw a post out there, just for fun.

Travis Erwin said...

I tend to avoid FB though i do maintain a shadowy presence there.