What's that, you say? Why? Well, because it seemed like easy and fun material, and I have blogger's-block right now. Here are the rules:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
A Meme about Various Things
What were you doing ten years ago?
Working nights at a small hospital in the ICCU (Intensive and Coronary Care Unit), enjoying the ups and downs of newlyweddedness (it'll be 12 years this summer!), living across the street from my lovely sister, eating without guilt, drinking without remorse, just being 25 - ah, those were awesome times, man...
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
-Get my butt out of bed (a seriously monumental task - I LOVE sleeping)
-Take the family to an amusement park and hope it isn't too crowded this early in the season.
-Stuff the kids with expensive, greasy, sugary amusement park food.
-Pray they don't throw up.
-Ride the crazy rides with Plato until he's so exhausted he can hardly walk...aww, who am I kidding? I'll poop out before he does!
What are some snacks you enjoy?
I'm not a big snacker. Maybe I should be. We don't keep much snack-y food in the house. If my house were a grocery store, I would have to go with almonds, cheese, and/or chocolate (good quality DARK).
What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Probably drop dead on the spot.
If not, and after my stint in the ICU for heart arrythmia, amnesia, and delusions of grandeur...well, I'd quit my job, buy several "Vacation" homes in various appealing places (Colorado, Montana, Georgia, California, Florida and Washington), upgrade my home here in CollegeVille, hire the best two nannies I could find (one for each kid), a fleet of housekeepers, a personal chef and a personal
Finally, I would put as much money as I could spare into passing legislation against Big Oil and Big Drug Companies.
Uh,Dude? I think I'm gonna need another billion...
What are three of your bad habits?
Only Three? Mmmkay:
1. I frequently start tasks and forget to finish them. Seriously. Like I'm folding clothes in the bedroom, go to put the towels away, see that one of the kids left a fork in the bathroom (ponder fleetingly why there might be a fork in the bathroom), walk into the kitchen, open the pantry by involuntary habit, spy my Guittard Dark Chocolate Chips, decide some chocolate-chip cookies sound yummy.......... and hours later when it's time to go to bed realize that a half-folded pile of laundry is still in the middle of the bed. ADD or early Alzheimer's? Who knows, but it drives JeepMan crazy.
2. I talk with my hands. A lot. While driving. Or eating. It has led to many a spilled item in a restaurant, and many a JeepMan admonishment: "Will you keep at least one hand on the wheel for God's sake? Sheesh!"
3. I pick my nails. Finger- and Toe-. Uck, I know. Hey, at least I don't chew them.
What are five places where you have lived?
I have lived in 3 cities in one state. Do the dorms count?
What are five jobs you have had?
-Professional Education Specialist for 3D intracardiac navigational system and related products.
-RN, Electrophyisiology Lab, Cardiac Cath Lab, Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, Intensive and Coronary Care Unit (in order of recent to past)
-Waitress, local pub and pizza joint (if it had benefits, I'd still be there...)
-Grocery Store Cashier
-Detasseling Crew Leader (as in corn, y'all)
What were the last five books you read?
Right Now: Absolute Fear by Lisa Jackson - my first read by her (I'm still, meh)
The Ruins by Scott Smith (v. good)
A Simple Plan by Scott Smith (v. v. good)
Bite by Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, MaryJanice Davidson, Angela Knight, Vickie Taylor (anthology) (good)
More Twisted by Jeffrey Deaver (short stories) (good)
...up next is Danse Macabre by Laurell K. Hamilton; hopefully her Anita Blake series is on the upswing - that's the rumor, anyhow.
For grins, and because I'm feeling wild n' crazy, I'll add another question:
What's your favorite guilty-secret junk food?
It's a toss-up for me: between Totino's Pizza Rolls (supreme), Ichiban Ramen Noodles (Miso), and Lipton Noodles and Sauce (stroganoff). I know, I'm weird. I'm a total closet carb-salt-fat junkie!!
Not gonna tag anyone....if anyone wants to do it, I'll link you here - just let me know!