Sunday, December 28, 2008

Coming Up for a Holiday Breather

Just a quick note to let you all know that I am indeed alive, and that I will try to resume my posting schedule (and I use that term loosely) this coming week. I'm hangin' with the fam at my folks' house, stuffing my face and basking in the familiarity and closeness that is ever-abundant in this, the home I grew up in.

For almost a week now, I have been wallowing in the holidays. In my own family, this means goodness, excess, and love of family. In JeepMan's family, it means excess, tension, and a thinly-veiled and ill-maintained facade of "family appreciation." It's sad, really.

But if nothing else, these contrasting holiday scenarios have made me appreciate what I have even more.

And they provide fantastic blog fodder!!

In upcoming posts look for:

-A list of my top 3 worst Christmas gifts EVER...one of which was this year.

-A rundown of Christmas at JeepMan's, with character sketch emphasis.

-A funny or two from the kidlets.

-And, if I get on the ball, a New Year's introspective.

So thanks for hangin' with me, and I'll see you real soon.

-----------------------------

....Hmmm....are the chocolate-dipped espresso cookies all gone.....?

7 comments:

Monnik said...

Dude- I can't even begin to imagine the spread at your parents' house during the holidays. I'm gaining weight just thinking about it.

Merry Christmas!

Whirlochre said...

Laughing whipped cream through your nose is tolerable only at Christmas.

jjdebenedictis said...

...chocolate-dipped espresso cookies...

Those sound wonderful. The energy expended during the espresso high counteracts the fat content of the chocolate, right? They're practically health food, right?

Right?

laughingwolf said...

season's blessings to you and yours :D

JaneyV said...

Sounds like Christmas heaven to me. Looking forward to the posts to follow. Also where can I get my hands on chocolate dipped espresso cookies. YUM!

Happy Holidays MIS!

writtenwyrdd said...

glad you survived the Xmas craziness. And now on to new years!

Tiff said...

The chocolate-dipped espresso cookies might be gone but there are still pecan tassies, kringla, chocolate crinkles, cappuccino truffles, lemon tassies, peanut blossoms, praline pecan cookies, macaroons . . . did I forget any?