Thursday, December 18, 2008

TINTINTS Thursday 12/18

Things I Never Thought I'd Have To Say:

"It's NOT okay to tell your mom she's 'sexy.'"

Plato, in his 7-year-old mind, thinks I'm the most beautiful woman in the world. Bless his heart.

And I appreciate that; I really do. I think it's super-sweet and I know he won't think that much longer.

At least I hope he won't.

But one day he gave me a bear hug and a big smooch, started rubbing his hands over the sleeves of my silky blouse, and proclaimed: "Mommy, you're ssseeexxxyyy!"

At which point he, albeit innocently enough, crossed that line from cute to creepy and I had to put my foot down.

Now. Try explaining to a 7-year-old what 'sexy' is, and why it does not apply to his mom, no matter how beautiful he might think she is.

Can you say, "AWKWARD?"

7 comments:

Monnik said...

ha. that's cute. How'd little Oedipus take the news?

Whirlochre said...

On a recent trip to the Louvre, Son Of Whirl spent half the afternoon wandering round taking photos on his mobile phone. I presumed he was doing so in the name of culture — capturing the Mona Lisa from a variety of angles, picking out the textures of the world's finest sculptures etc etc.

When we got home and uploaded his "art collection" onto the computer, what did I discover?

Over 200 images of tits, bums and willies.

writtenwyrdd said...

Both of those are conversations which I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall to overhear!

Robert said...

Maybe he learned it from Mr. Mom-In-Scrubs?

Thanks for your comments by the way!

Cloudia said...

Aloha! Saw you on Travis Erwin's blog and liked the cut of your scrubs. Then I came here, read this "awkward" post and now this is me backing away quietly . . . . (Just kidding!) I'll be back! Come around and visit my little blog-osity too! Toodles!

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Hey Angus did that to me once too. But she so doesn't understand what it meant. Like you I explained that it wasn't an appropriate thing for a kid to say. Unfortunately, she loves Shrek and likes to sing that I'm too sexy song. I can't get her to give it up!

JaneyV said...

Poor Plato - he was just telling you that you're fabulous! The word sexy is so pervasive these days and it's used in the wrong context all the time - it's no wonder he got it wrong.

I've been dying of flu this week so i didn't manage a TINTINTS myself but I'll try for a Christmas Day one. A festive BooBoo if you will!